Delivery and payment
Forms of payments and payment processing
We accept the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and JCB. If you would like to use another form of payment, please contact our Customer Service. Please do not send cash or international money orders. Please note our policy for Special Orders.
All credit card charges will be in US Dollars. Please do not use dashes or spaces when entering your credit card number, and be sure to include the expiration date in mm/yyyy format. Payment for purchases on The Hermitage Museum Shop website will appear on your credit card statement showing Museum on Line Inc. as the payee. Museum on Line Inc. is the company that performs order fulfillment for this website.
In order to make your ordering process easier, we’ve listed our addressing guidelines here:
- We can not ship to PO Boxes
- APO/FPO: For APO or FPO addresses, please enter APO or FPO in the City field and select one of the following in the State field: Armed Forces Europe (includes Middle East, Africa, and Canada); Armed Forces Americas; or Armed Forces Pacific. Also make sure that you have selected U.S.A. in the Country field.
- US Territories: The US territories can be found in the State/Prov/Terr drop down box.
- Canadian Provinces: The Canadian provinces can be found in the State/Prov/Terr drop down box.
All orders accepted on the website are pending upon payment verification. Once we receive your order, our Customer Service department will send you an order confirmation via e-mail, informing that your order has been accepted and payment has been verified. The order confirmation e-mail will summarize all the particulars pertaining to your order. In the unlikely event of a discrepancy between the information provided on the website and the information provided in the confirmation email, the content in the latter will prevail.
If for any reason we cannot verify your payment, we will inform you by e-mail. In such a case you will have to re-enter your order on our web site.
Another e-mail will be sent to you when your shipment is leaving our warehouse. This e-mail will also contain the name of the shipping company in charge of the delivery, a tracking number, and information on how to track your shipment over the Internet.
If you pay for your order using a credit card, the order confirmation e-mail will be sent to you at the latest by close of business (US Pacific Standard Time) on the following business day after you placed your order.
If you pay for your order by check or money order, the order confirmation e-mail will be sent to you once we receive your check or money order and funds have been verified.
The order confirmation e-mail will contain:
- Status of your order: accepted or not accepted
- Itemized price, including taxes and shipping and handling costs
- Expected delivery dates of the items you have purchased
- In the event you purchased State Hermitage Museum tickets or gift certificates, which can be delivered electronically, the e-mail will contain access codes with some guidance and instructions.
Shipping & Handling
Shipping and handling costs are calculated based on the weight of the items being shipped, including the packing material. An insurance charge will be added to all orders with a value higher than $100 (including S & H). A $2.50 flat rate insurance charge is applied to all orders with a value between $100 and $500. An additional $0.50 insurance charge will be applied for every $100 or fraction thereof over $500 of order value.
Deliveries to continental US. The buyer can select one of three delivery services: standard service (usually delivered in 3-5 business days), second day express or overnight express. The website will calculate the total shipping and handling cost and will include it into the total charge of the order.
Deliveries to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. Only the ‘second day express’ level of service is offered for these orders. The website will calculate the total shipping and handling cost and will include it into the total charge of the order.
Deliveries to APOs. A special rate applies to these orders, which is higher than the continental US rate. The website will calculate the total shipping and handling cost and will include it into the total charge of the order.
Deliveries to countries other than the USA. Only the ‘international economy’ level of service is offered for these orders. The website will calculate the total shipping and handling cost and will include it into the total charge of the order.
All international customers are responsible for Custom Duties, as per the laws and regulations of their home countries.
For shipments exceeding 95 pounds, S&H charges will be determined and a quote will be sent to the customer in the order confirmation e-mail.
Delivery is available to street addresses only. We are not able to deliver to post office boxes.
Multiple shipments for backordered products
If you place an order for multiple products and not all items are in stock, we will ship the available items immediately, but we will ship the backordered products later, according to the dates specified in sales orders. If you prefer your order to be delivered as one shipment only you should contact our Customer Service.
Special order items are products that are not kept in stock but are custom made upon a customer order. Examples of special order products are handmade copies of paintings and furniture (these offerings may not be available at all times). These products will be displayed as part of the catalog, but cannot be ordered via the website. To order these products, please contact Customer Service. Please note that special order items can be paid by check or money order only.
Most special order products require extensive time for delivery, usually several weeks (more detailed information is available in the catalog). When placing a special order the customer will be asked to make an advanced payment, usually 30% of the total product price. Once the product is ready for shipping, the customer will be informed via phone or e-mail and will be requested to settle the balance of the order. Product shipment will take place after this second payment is verified.
The refunds or cancellation policy of special orders is the following:
- Changes or cancellations will be accepted at no charge until the request to manufacture the item is placed with the original item manufacturer.
- After the special order has been placed with the product manufacturer, a cancellation will result in the customer losing his/her advance payment. Special order changes will be accepted at our discretion, possibly for an additional charge.
- After the final payment, no refunds or order cancellation will be accepted on special orders.