Entrance tickets to the Hermitage can be purchased over the Internet on the Tickets page of the shop website. Purchasing Hermitage tickets online allows the visitor to perform the transaction using a credit card and avoid standing in line at the museum ticket office.
Tickets can be purchased on the Tickets page of the shop’s website.
While placing the order you will be asked to type in some information: your name, type and quantity of tickets, e-mail address, and credit card information. You will receive a confirmation, as well as the Internet Tickets, via the e-mail address that you provide to us, so it is very important that all of the information you entered is valid and correct.
When placing an order for a group, you will receive a ticket for each member of the group.
If you wish to buy two different types of tickets, you should place a separate order.
Once you place your order through the website, you will receive an automated confirmation email, acknowledging that your order was received. If you did not receive this confirmation email, containing your order number, it is mostly likely due to either an incorrect email address being provided or your email program blocking the sender (us). When you place an order with our e-shop, you will receive an Internet Ticket via email in 20 minutes after completion of your order.
If you have not seen this e-mail in over 1 hour, we suggest that you check your spam folder, our e-mail may be stuck in there, being treated as spam. If you cannot find the e-mail with the ticket attached, please e-mail our customer support: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and we will resend it to you, as well to any additional your e-mail addresses you would specify. The ticket comes by link for downloading. Note: In order to view and print PDF files, you will need to download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. To open an Acrobat Reader file (a PDF file), double-click on it. The Order change and Order cancellation policy applies to ticket sales. Unused tickets are refundable upon cancellation (less Processing Service Fee included in total ticket price).
- The ticket is valid for 180 days.
- You can return your order and get the refund.
- Partial refund is not possible; you can only return the whole order.
- A nonrefundable Processing Service Fee $3.95 applies per each one-day entrance Ticket sold and $4.95 applies per each two-day entrance Ticket sold.
There are certain categories of visitors who are eligible for a free admission. You can find information about this below in the section entitled “Eligible for a free admission”.
By purchasing Hermitage tickets online from this website you will avoid a long line at the ticketing office in the museum. Once you have done so, please follow these directions:
- Print out your Ticket and have it with you while in St. Petersburg. Tickets printed at home are only valid if they are printed on white A4 paper. Partially printed, dirty or damaged vouchers will not be accepted and will be considered invalid.
- On the day of your visit, please use the address: 2, Dvortsovaya Ploshchad (Dvortsovaya Square) as the Main entrance to the State Hermitage Museum.
- To enter the museum, scan the bar code on a printed ticket at a turnstile.
- If you cannot print the ticket, please approach the information desk on the first floor of the Small Hermitage from Millionnaya street, enter between the New Hermitage and the Small Hermitage buildings; you will need to name the number of your order, the name it has been placed on, and present a valid ID.
- To redeem additional free tickets (the quantity must be noted in the order, max.2 per order), please approach the information desk; you will need to name the number of your order, the name it has been placed on, and present a valid ID.
Should you have any problem retrieving your booking information in the Box Office system, the Reception Administrator (at the Main Hall Information Desk) will assist you to contact the Customer Service Office in St Petersburg. Customer Service phone number: + 7 (812) 429-7407. If you have forgotten or lost your Ticket and are in St Petersburg already, please contact the Customer Service Office before visiting the museum.
Two types of tickets are available through the website. The cost of the ticket includes a privilege to use photo/video cameras, where permitted. A nonrefundable Processing Service Fee $3.95 applies per each one-day entrance Ticket sold and $4.95 applies per each two-day entrance Ticket sold. This service fee is included in the ticket price. Unused Tickets are refundable upon cancellation (less Processing Service Fee).
A simple entrance ticket to the State Hermitage allows you to visit the complex of Hermitage buildings located on Palace Embankment that contain the main exhibition halls. You will have access to the museum displays housed in five interconnected buildings, as well as the General Staff building. This ticket is valid for one day. The booking is valid for 180 days. This type of ticket costs US $17.95 (all fees and taxes are included).
A combined entrance ticket to the State Hermitage allows you to visit the following museum facilities operated by the State Hermitage in St Petersburg:
- the main displays located in the five interconnected buildings of the museum on Palace Embankment Address: 38 Dvortsovaya Naberezhnaya
- the displays in the General Staff building Address: 8 Dvortsovaya Ploshchad
- the Menshikov Palace Address: 15 Universitetskaya Naberezhnaya
- the Winter Palace of Peter the Great Address: 32 Dvortsovaya Naberezhnaya
- the Porcelain Museum Address: 151 Prospekt Obukhovskoy oborony
This ticket is valid twice in 2 consecutive museum working days after the first entrance to the Museum. If the Museum is closed on one of the days, the second day to visit the Museum is automatically set to be the next business day. This type of ticket costs US $23.95 (all fees and taxes are included). The ticket is valid for 180 days.
Eligible for a free admission:
- Children – under 18 years old
- Students of educational institutions of any kind, regardless of age, country or citizenship, with a valid student’s ID card.
- Members of ICOM – the International Council of Museums
- Citizens holding the privilege to visit museums in Russia for free, as set forth by legislation of the Russian Federation.
Those who are eligible for a free admission to the State Hermitage Museum will get a Complimentary Entrance Ticket. If this happens to be a member of your family or group, and you are an Internet Ticket holder, you may proceed all together to the Administrator; present the Administrator your tickets and all the documents, confirming the privilege for a free admission (not required for pre-school and school-age children).
1. You can order guided tours to the Hermitage museum at the Tours page.
2. The tour ticket entitles you to take a guided group tour on the date and time noted on the ticket;
3. Internet ticket enables you to enter the museum without queue;
4. After placing an order, you will receive a tour ticket AND entrance entrance ticket(s);
9. Tour duration is 90 min. Maximum group capacity is 16 people;
10. Please arrive to the tour meeting point 10 minutes prior to the tour starting time;
11. Your booking expires in case of late attendance;
12. Tour groups to the Golden room meet at the Church control point;
13. Tour groups to the Diamond room meet at the Main control point;
14. Booking is possible not later than 2 days before the date of the tour;
15. You can return your order and get the refund not later than 2 business days before the date of the tour. A nonrefundable Processing Service Fee $3.95 applies per each ticket and tour sold. Partial refund is not possible. To cancel your order, contact the Customer Support.
16. If you already have an admission ticket, please request it to be canceled at firstname.lastname@example.org after you have received the new one. No processing fee will be charged.
17. Free admission doesn't apply to guided tours;
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sundays
museum open from 10:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., ticketing office open from 10:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
museum open from 10:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., ticketing office open from 10:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
museum is closed. Ticketing office is closed.
Russian public holidays:
- 1 and 2 January – New Year’s Day
- 7 January – Christmas Day
- 8 March – International Women’s Day
- 1 and 2 May – Labor Day/Spring Day
- 9 May – Victory Day
- 12 June – Russian Independence Day
- 7 November – Day of Accord and Reconciliation
- 12 December – Constitution Day
You can obtain information about the Museum’s working hours and its services for visitors through the Hospitality Service of the State Hermitage. The Hospitality Service can be reached at: +7 (812) 710-9079.
If you wish to order a guided tour, please call: +7 (812) 571-8446.
- Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sundays
If you have any questions please send us email at email@example.com
Visitors with limited mobility may use the entrance from the Palace Square. For all questions related to organized visits to the museum for individuals with special needs and the rental of wheelchairs, please call: +7 (812) 710-9079, or ask for an Administrator’s assistance while in the Museum.
Address: 2, Dvortsovaya Ploshchad (Dvortsovaya Square) 190000, St Petersburg
- Metro Stations: “Admiralteyskaya”, “Nevsky Prospekt”, “Gostiny Dvor”
- Trolleys: 1, 7, 10
- Bus: 7
- Express buses: 7, 10, 147
- Minibuses: 128, 129, 147, 228